Make sure your student's new teacher knows what's in the IEP or 504 Plan!

Law Office of Michelle Becker 3579 E. Foothill Blvd., #636 Pasadena, CA 91107

(626) 627-2596


Additional Information

Written complaint by parent or guardian to the California Department of Education (CDE) when a school violates either the Federal IDEA or California State education laws affecting special education

Districts violate the law by failing to implement a child's special education program, for example.

To make a complaint, a parent writes to the CDE and provides the department with a state of fact indicating that a school district violated the Federal IDEA (IDEA)or the California Education Code (CEC)as it relates to that child.

Federal and state law requires parents to file complaints within one year of the school district's violation.  The CDE is required to provide a response back to the parents within 60 days of receipt of complaint.