Written educational plan developed for a child who has a disability identified under the American's with Disabilities Act and is enrolled in an elementary or secondary educational institution and is not eligible for an IEP.
A 504 Plan identifies what accommodations are required to ensure that the student has access to the curriculum and receives an appropriate education. A 504 plan is not as formal as an IEP and is provided to students participating in a general education program.
- Sitting in the front of the class
- Extra time on tests or homework
- Modified homework
- Having tests read to the student
- Testing in a quiet location
- many other accommodations to meet student needs